Friday, August 24, 2007

Oi vey I say

Sooo when was that last post? Ah yes, Wednesday, three-ish days ago. and then Dear Hubby came home, in agony with a hurting back. He hurt in a few years back, and isn't a go-to-the-doctor guy. On the advice of Nurse Wendy we've been icing, administering mass quantities of Advil, laying flat on his back. Next up: a nice arsenic laced drink and a sharp blow to the head! Wait, I'm kidding! But the menfolk, well, you know how they are with PAIN and all......he's-a-drivin-me-nuts!

And on top of ALL THAT, I've had to cook dinner for two nights in a row. Not that I don't cook mind you, a little, when I have to, and it comes outta a box..... but. Last nights feast was pork tenderloin, seared and finished cooking in the oven (ala the Take Home Chef show recipe), baby carrots with butter and parsley AND Twice Baked Potatoes (ala Confessions of a Pioneer Women Cooks blog) Check her out, they were fab-U-lous!!! Tonight was sirloin steaks, red beans and rice (Hillbilly Housewife) and vegetable medley. (frozen from Aldi's) Okay so after a widdle painkiller, D.H. did cook the steaks because me and the grill DO.NOT.GET.ALONG. And here's the rub folks, I also cleaned up after these meals all alone. Yes D.H. helps clean up. He's a keeper, that's for sure........

(but if he tries to roll over in bed tonight, grunting and practically moaning......I'm wacking him ala the Soprano's) :)

But wait, there's more......Wendy~ stop rolling your eyes, you know I talk a LOT. The biggest surprise of all....dun dun dun...... it's a BOY!!!! The aforementioned RosieLulu is now the kitten known as DOMINO. or Dom Kitty. or baby Dom. or the Bebe's pick "running around kitty"

Dom, welcome to "The Family."

3 comments:

WendyMom said...

You sneaky little minx! I had to find out you had a blog from Julie?!?! What else is there I don't know about? I'll be reading, so keep it coming.. oh, and don't knock of the husband, you know you love him, you really do!

JulieMom said...

Oh, yes, when the hubby helps, it is a blessed thing!!

Glad to hear you found out the 'new pet' was a boy before things got confusing. At least this way you weren't committed to a name!

MaryD said...

oh wendymom~ you know everything else about me.... wink wink