Thursday, July 10, 2008

Vacation is over.Haha The menfolk are coming home today. While I will be glad to snuggle my sweetie, have my son to take the dog out and oldest daughter will have her sweetie back too......it's back to reality as far as cooking dinners goes. We have been on a chinese takeout, TacoBell, McDonalds, eat what you can find extravaganza here. Men like FOOD, preferably including meat and no brown rice or wheat pastas. With the ever increasing cost of food, and the massive quantities my family eats I need to rein in this cost. We do have a small garden so hopefully the produce will offset some shopping this summer. There is a Farmers Market in town to check out too, as well as the big Public Market. Buying local is one of my goals. Organic is a harder sell to the hubby.

(This is also another day closer to My Night Without Children Anniversary Get-Away.)

2 comments:

JulieMom said...

Oh how I wish we had a Taco Bell for a night run when I was in the mood. (and when it is scheduled into the new budget thankyouverymuch.)

Alas, you'll have to eat a chalupa for me. :0)

Have a great time on your night away!

WendyMom said...

Um, have you READ juliemom lately? She has like 5 posts to help you out in this area- get to crackin' girl!

Missed the farmer's market today the the mall- drove right by as I was leaving the gym at 7:15- they were just setting up or I would've gone in. Just an note- blueberries and strawberries have be great lately from Aldi- 1.75 for blue, .99 for straw- yummy.

I'll take some of your raspberries if the heathen horde hasn't eaten them all! Just joking- I know they're gone the day you pick them.

I'm more of a gordita girl myself- so eat a steak one baja for me would ya'? I can't afford the points or the guilt on Weight Watchers!

Love ya-