Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hmmm has another month gone by? It must be time to blog. hardy har har. Winter marches on, it has been in the teens but without snow for days, finally got an inch or two last night. If it's going to be winter, there may as well be enough snow for the kids to go sledding, am I right? We did get the Christmas decorations and also the leaves cleaned up so the front yard looks nice. Bebe and Miss M got ice skates from Santa but they haven't been used yet. Maybe the park lot will be frozen and open this weekend.

Today I am baking. Yes, me, the domestic~cough cough~ GODDESS. I started some sourdough awhile back, left it in the fridge so it smells good and yeasty, read several recipes on ye olde internet and we'll see what happens. Hopefully by dinnertime it will have magically turned into some edible version of sourdough bread. At least the oven will keep the kitchen warm.

2 comments:

JulieMom said...

Mary!! Can you believe it hailed here today? It was almost like snow. Except it lasted about two minutes.

You know the Monkees well, my friend. We may have to set up some sort of trivia contest or sumpin'. Wendy's out though, 'cause she spelled it 'Monkeys'. The nerve. :0)

Thanks for your comments and blog more!!

WendyMom said...

OHHH, excuuuuuuse me!

I had no idea I was in the presence of "monkees" fanatics and all!

Just the fact that I sing the "Hey Hey We're the Monkees" song all the time-- having changed the words to accommodate whatever action is going on around here at the time- should include me in the club too.

Songs like, "Here she comes, into your room, gonna change your diaper, and get you dressed too-oo, hey, hey, she's the mommy...."

I know you all really needed/wanted to know the depths of my insanity. so there it is! Not quite as bad as removing stickers from a 3 year olds book to place them on straight, but I'll get there.

LOL!

Love you guys both!